Beginning in the late 19th century, the development of electricity in Indonesia was intensified in several Dutch Companies operating in sugar and tea plantation that developed power plant to meet their personal needs.
Between 1942-1945, there was a great shift from these Dutch manufacturing companies by the Japanese after the Dutch surrendered to the Japanese army in the beginning of World War II.
The shift reoccurred at the end of World War II in August 1945 when the Japanese surrendered to the Allied Forces. This opportunity was taken over by the youths and electricity labourers through Labour/Employee Electricity and Gas delegation together with the Management of KNI Head Office to meet President Soekarno to ask the handover of the Companies to the Government of the Republic of Indonesia. On October 27, 1945, President Soekarno established Electricity and Gas Bureau under the Departement of Public Works and Energy with power plant capacity of 157.5 MW.
On January 1, 1961, Gas and Electricity Bureau was changed to BPU-PLN (Board of General Administration of the State Electricity Company) that focused on electricity, gas and coke sectors. On January 1, 1965 BPU-PLN was dismissed and 2 (two) state owned enterprises were formalised, namely Perusahaan Listrik Negara (PLN), a state-owned electricity company, to manage electrity power and Perusahaan Gas Negara (PGN) to manage gas power.
In 1972, in accordance with Government Regulation No. 17, the State-owned Electricity Company was enacted as a State-owned General Electricity Company and as PKUK responsible to provide electricity to meet public needs. While the Government policy was giving opportunity to the Private Sectors to focus on the provision of electricity, the status of PLN was changed from a General Company to Corporation’ as well as PKUK in providing electricity for public needs until the present.
Now PT PLN (Persero) invited the best Indonesian young people to join as Operator Staff which will be placed at PLN Regional Kalsel and Kalteng
1. Bidang Distribusi (Code : DIST)
2. Bidang Pembangkitan (Code : KIT)
3. Bidang Penyaluran (Code : LUR)
Description of work per job positions:
1. Bidang Distribusi
Operate and carry out maintenance work distribution network, the voltage
medium, low voltage household connections and ensure appropriate technical service activities
Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) applies.
2. Bidang Pembangkitan
Operate and carry out maintenance work according to Standard Power Units
Operating Procedure (SOP) applies.
3. Bidang Penyaluran
Operate and carry out maintenance of substation High Voltage Network and
equipment according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) applies.
- Male gender
- High school / equivalent: Department of Natural Sciences (IPA); or
- SMK: Department of Electrical Power Lines / Electrical Installation (not the weak current / electronics, telecommunications, or electric industry) and the Department of Mechanical Engineering (for Field Generation)
- Academic requirements: already graduated school with an average value of national examination results (SKHUN) minimum of 7.0 (seven point zero)
- Birth year 1991 or thereafter when registering
- Minimum height 155 cm
- Weight proportional to height (BMI up to 28)
- Physically and mentally healthy
- Physically healthy and not color blind (with accompanying health certificate from the doctor)
- not wearing glasses
- no smoking
- No bertatto and not pierced
- Not involved and not involved perbah crime (evidenced by SKCK of Police submitted at the time of interview)
- Never married (with accompanying Certificate of local RT)
- Include a Personal Statement of 6000 on stamp duty, - that states are not involved drug abuse and others (letter attached).
Detail requirement documents and how to apply please access at the link PLN Regional Kalsel and Kalteng Recruitment above