The Embassy of Sweden, Jakarta, hereby announces a vacancy for a General Affairs Officer.
Please read below the duties, qualifications and how to apply. Additional information by telephone is not provided.
Sweden Embassy Jakarta
General Affairs Officer
Work Location: Embassy of Sweden, Jakarta
- In charge of daily management (including purchase, maintenance and repairs) of property issues regarding the Embassy chancery.
- Responsible for the management, as outlined above, for the Ambassador’s Residence, 4-5 diplomatic staff’s apartments/houses and the Embassy property in Puncak.
- Responsibility to follow-up on conditions in the renting contracts for the embassy chancery, residence and the diplomatic staff housing and keeping up the contact with the landlord’s representatives
- Responsibility to follow-up on contracts with service companies (air-condition, pest control, pool cleaning, diplomatic pouch
- In charge of issues regarding import/export of goods and moving of incoming and outgoing diplomatic staff, including KEMLU, moving companies, customs clearance, car registration, diplomatic visas, ID cards etc.
- Responsible for continuous control of satellite phones and other equipment relevant to security and contingency planning.
- Responsible for logistics and security contacts during incoming visits.
- Draft diplomatic notes on relevant general affairs’ issues of the Embassy and other correspondence.
- In charge of the office supply storage room, including inventory and refill (after decision made by sent out staff).
- A minimum of 3 year of working experience in a similar position in an international organization or Embassy would be extra appreciated;
- Experience in dealing with KEMLU, customs, and other authorities as well as with tax issues is a vital requirement;
- Proven experience in building management and administration;
- Experience and knowledge with handling practical issues regarding for example, electrical appliances, building management, general repairing of things.
- Computer literate and well versed in Microsoft office applications;
- Excellent spoken and written English and Indonesian;
- A presentable and self-motivated team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Secondary school education or its equivalent is required and training/courses in secretarial administration, engineering or technology are distinct assets.
In accordance with the Swedish Foreign Service salary system for locally employed staff.
According to the standard employment conditions at the Embassy, which includes the duty to sometimes work overtime at functions or high level visitors, and to be ready to work after office hours or in the weekend when emergency repairs in housing must be done.
How to apply
Qualified applicants are asked to apply electronically with CV, personal letter and references no later than Wednesday 29 February 2012.
Only applications sent to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting GENERAL AFFAIRS OFFICER on the subject line will be considered.
Letter, references and CV should be sent as MS Word or PDF attachment (A4 size)
- To be considered please follow the requirement on how to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview.
- Additional information by telephone is not provided.